Alexander House: To reserve this property call 01242 285755
- Sleeps 21 in 9 Bedrooms
- 3 Double En-Suites
- 2 Double /Twin En-suites
- 1 Triple Bedroom
- 1 Twin Bedroom
- 1 Twin En-suite
- Childrens Bunk Room Sleeps 4
- 2 x House Bathrooms
- Ground Floor Shower Room
- Covered Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Snooker Table
- 5 Aside Football Pitch
- Sunken Trampoline
- Large Garden and Terrace
- Ample Parking
- Satellite Broadband
- Sky Sports
- 2 Dogs welcome by prior arrangement
- We regret we do not accept Stag Parties
Alexander House will provide the perfect location for any family holiday or celebration. Located 3 miles from Auchterarder and Gleneagles and only 1 hours drive from Edinburgh, Glasgow & Dundee. We are delighted to be able to offer guests the ability to reserve in advance Tee Times at Gleneagles. Please call us on 01845 597614 for golf bookings.
Catering is also available please ask for details.
Dining Hall with circular dining table to seat 18.
Double doors lead to the drawing room with huge open fire, sofas and card table and chairs, leading to the:-
Kitchen, breakfast & living room. The kitchen has 2 dishwashers, American sized fridge / freezer. There is a large LCD TV with Sky & Sky Sports and DVD Player. Playstation 2, XBox and Wii.The kitchen leads to the back courtyard with BBQ area, dining table and swimming pool with glass retractable cover – you can either slide the cover back for an open air pool or you can swim with the cover closed.
Next to the kitchen is the utility which has a clothes drying cupboard, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is ample storage for outdoor clothing.
A door leads out to the circular hot tub turret. The hot tub can accommodate 4 people at any one time. There is also a ground floor shower room with w.c and hand basin.
Also on the ground floor is the games room with 3/4 sized snooker table and darts board, open fireplace, plus another fridge.
The master bedroom has a super king size bed and en-suite bathroom.
The Sleigh bedroom has a 5ft double bed and en-suite bathroom.
There are 2 other bedrooms, both en-suite which can be made up as either a double or a twin.
A twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
There is also a children’s bunk room with 2 sets of bunk beds which is linked to the master bedroom and the four poster bathroom . All bedrooms have 32 inch TV with freesat built in.
The double bedroom with four poster bed shares a bathroom with the bunk bedded room.
There is a sofa bed for 1 persons in the master bedroom.
One twin bedroom (no TV)
One triple room with 3 single beds (No TV)
House bathroom with bath, overhead shower, wash hand basin and w.c.
The stairs lead up to a seating area which also has a sofa and 32 inch LCD Freestat TV, the two bedrooms and bathroom lead off this seating area.
Note: All bathrooms have a bath, overhead shower, wash hand basin and w.c with exception of the master bathroom which has a bath and separate large walk in shower and double sinks.
Please note all rooms with zip and link beds will be made as twins unless requested otherwise.
Swimming Pool with retractable glass cover, Hot Tub.
Rough Five aside football pitch and nets.
Sunken Trampoline & Wooden Swing Set,Wendy House with Slide and wooden seesaw.
Terrace & BBQ Area and a Pizza Oven.
Very large garden and ample parking space.
PLEASE NOTE: The driveway to the house is long and steep and has uneven surfaces in places. A 4×4 is required during winter months . The driveway isn’t suitable for sports cars.
- Washer / Dryer, American sized Fridge / Freezer
- Large Double Oven
- Dishwasher x 2
- Satellite Broadband
- Freeview & Playstation
- Living Room 42 inc TV with Sky & Sky Sports other 32 inc TV’s in bedrooms with Freeview
- Playstation 2 x2
Wii x 1
- Hair Dryers
- Cot & High Chair available on request as well as:-
- Baby steriliser
- Baby monitor
- Baby bath toys
- Arm bands and children’s swimming jackets
- Car booster seats
- 4 x stairgates (top and bottom of stairs, but removable)
- 2 x bed guards
- 2 dogs are welcome by prior arrangement but must not be allowed upstairs and must sleep in the kitchen only at night.Alexander House has it’s own borehole, 80m deep drawing from an artesian fault line river. This then provides all the water for the house and for the under floor heating.
Please note: Alexander House has dining facilities for 21 people only, and this is the total number of guests allowed in the house at any one time without prior arrangement.
Location & Places of Interest
Places of Interest
- Gleneagles Golf
- Gleneagles Spa
- Auchterarder Golf Club
- Crieff Golf Club
- Crieff Hydro
- Drummond Trout Farm
- Drummond Castle Gardens
- Blair Castle
- The Malt Whiskey Trail
- Perthshire Website
- The Famous Grouse
- Outdoor Adventures
Places to Eat
Check Availability & Book
Click any of the links or logos below to see reviews written about the property by previous customers. These reviews have been written by customers on websites on which we advertise. We as agents have no control what customers write, so the reviews you will read are genuine customer reviews.
- Personal Chef Services Catering by TasteMarine
- Prices inclusive of VAT
- Sample Menus Below- we are happy also to create other Bespoke Menus- please contact us Phone 07796008147 or email- moc.e1432915158niram1432915158etsat1432915158@ofni1432915158 to discuss your individual requirements
- Catering by TasteMarine – contact Laurie Mill 07796008147
- Prices include VAT
- Sample Menus above- we are happy also to create other Bespoke Menus- please contact us Phone 07796008147 or e mail- moc.e1432915158niram1432915158etsat1432915158@ofni1432915158 to discuss your individual requirements
Sample Three Course Dinner
To create your own bespoke Menu, please choose one first course, one main course, and one pudding. Coffee and Tea is included.
£43 per person ( guide price)
Platter of Scottish Cheeses with fresh Pears and Oatcakes please add £6.50
Salmon Ceviche, red onion and chilli
Griddled Pheasant and bacon parcels with colcannon and grand-mere sauce
Risotto of Winter vegetables, fresh garden herbs, lemon and parmesan
Salad of celery, apple and toasted walnuts with Dunsyre blue dressing
Tobermory hot- smoked salmon, lemon and caper sauce with watercress-Beetroot, spring onion, apple salad
Perthshire free range chicken liver parfait, redcurrant syrup and Florida salad
Salad of Loch Rannoch smoked chicken and smoked venison, pickled carrots and horseradish
Traditional Cock a Leekie Soup
Grilled goat cheese with roast Mediterranean vegetables, beetroot sorbet and mixed leaves
Steamed fillet of cod with a wood mushroom risotto, grilled baby leeks and a vermouth and mushroom sauce
Andhra lamb – a traditional regional Indian curry with cinnamon, fennel seed, cloves, mustard-with fresh Pineapple, Yoghurt, Mango and banana, Basmati Rice and Poppadums
Chicken Scallopine with Fontina Cheese and Roasted fennel
Wild Mushroom and Chive Risotto, with roasted pistachios
Steamed salmon fillet in parcel with confit cherry tomatoes, crushed potatoes, caper and lemon hollandaise
Spice crusted heather fed leg of Scottish lamb, roasted with Rosemary
Main courses accompanied as desired by salads or roasted root vegetables, steamed green vegetables, and a potato dish of choice: Dauphinoise, Rosti , Boiled or Roasted, Colcannon, Fondant
Puddings or Desserts
Fresh Fruit Compote with Vanilla pod and Creme Fraiche
Warm chocolate and pecan nut tart
Raspberry Meringue Roulade
Very dark Chocolate Roulade, Double cream and Greek Yoghurt
Hog Roast Menu
Ideal for special informal parties- indoors or outdoors- 21sts, Family parties or corporate team building- the Hog Roast creates a special atmosphere all of its own. We roast the Hog in our purpose built hog roaster oven and carve direct to your guests, usually Buffet style with a selection of delicious accompaniments according to your individual preference.
We offer Two Menu Options for 25 people or more
1. With Canapé selection( choose 3 from our Canape selection above) to enjoy as the Hog is Roasting, Four different fresh Salads, Bread Rolls, Bramley Apple Sauce, Strawberries and Cream, and Coffee
£37 per person ( guide price)
2. With one Salad, Bread Rolls, Bramley Apple Sauce, Coffee and Shortbread
£25 per person( guide price)
Salads with dressings and mayonnnaise
Cous cous salad with roasted pine nut and butternut squash
Greek salad (vine tomatoes, spinach, feta, olives, anchovies, garlic, basil)
Oriental salad ( garlic, fresh ginger, coriander leaves, Chinese lettuce, julienne carrots, spring onions, cucumber, sesame seeds, soy sauce)
Mixed leaf summer salad with crunchy apple and celery
Home made fresh coleslaw
We also recommend Season Catering
- CELERY & APPLE SALAD (V) Baby Gem, Roquefort Dressing, Toasted Walnuts £5.50
- POSH FISH & CHIPS Truffle Mayonnaise, Cod, Pea Puree & Hand-cut Chips £7.50
- OX CHEEK & WILD MUSHROOM SOUP Served with Toasted Sour Dough £7.50
- SCOTTISH SMOKED SALMON Brioche Buns, Cottage Cheese & Cucumber £7.50
- JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE & ROASTED CEP SOUP (V) Garlic Croutes & Brie £6.50
- CONFIT DUCK & BLACK TRUFFLE RISOTTO Served with Seasonal Mushrooms & Reggiano Parmesan Cheese £7.50
- POACHED SCOTTISH SALMON FILLET Vietnamese Slaw, Palm Sugar & Lemongrass Dressing £7.50
- TERRINE OF GUINEA FOWL Plum Chutney & Melba Toast £7.00
- PAN FRIED LOCH FYNE SCALLOPS Pancetta, Pea Puree, Lemon & Tomato £7.95
- A SCOTTISH LOBSTER COCKTAIL Seasonal Leaves, Marie Rose Sauce, Cherry Tomatoes & Baby Capers £8.95
- ASIAN LOBSTER BISQUE Infused with Asian Flavors & Coconut Milk £7.00
- SEARED BEEF CARPPACCIO Fillet Of Beef, Thinly Sliced, Chilli, Lime, Lemongrass Dressing & Pea Shoots £8.50
- SCOTCH BEEF FILLET Artichoke Puree, Roasted Sweet Potato, Baby Beets & Port Jus £30.00
- MAZE FED CHICKEN BREAST Baby Turnips, Creamed Leek, Asparagus, Mustard Dressing £17.50
- DUCK TWO WAYS Confit Leg & Oven Baked Breast, Citrus Jus, Seasonal Greens and Fondant Potato £18.50
- STEAK & MUSHROOM PIE Seasonal Veg served to the side, Puff Pastry top £15.00
- FILLET OF COD, MUSSELS Pea Puree, Crisp Pancetta & Caviar £20.00
- DRY AGED RIB OF SCOTTISH BEEF Baby Caroots, Wild Mushrooms, Potato Rosti & Cafe De Paris Butter £27.00
- POTATO & APPLE GALLETE (V) Watercress Cream & Shaved Fennel £18.50
- FILLET OF SEA BASS Crab Mash, Chilli Jam, Cress & Ginger Butter £19.50
- 3 BONE RACK OF SCOTTISH LAMB Roasted Aubergine, Pea Puree, Baby Beets & Mint £26.00
- PORK CUTLET, CELERIAC PUREE Braised Endive, Roast Apples, Mustard & Thyme Jus £17.50
- VENISON FILLET STEAK Braised Red Cabbage, Artichokes, Roast Salsify & Spiced Apple £32.00
- SCOTTISH LOBSTER THERMIDORE (800grm Half Lobster) Seasonal Salad & Baked Potato £36.00
- COCONUT PANACOTTA Lemongrass & Ginger Poached Fruits £7.00
- SALTED CARAMEL ICE-CREAM Lemongrass & Ginger Poached Fruits £5.00
- RUM & RAISIN CHEESECAKE Poppy Seed Praline £5.50
- THE OLD CLASSIC STICKY DATE PUDDING Served with Vanilla Ice-Cream & Popping Candy £6.50
- LEMON & LIME Cardamom Drizzle Cake, Coconut Sorbet £6.50
- BAKED PEACH & ALMOND PUDDING Served with Chantilly Vanilla Cream £7.00
- SCOTTISH STRAWBERRIES & CREAM Served with Chantilly Cream (only available in season) £6.00
- YOUR ICE-CREAM Let us know your favourite ice-cream and we will make it at your chosen venue £5.00
- DARK CHOCOLATE TART Strawberry Sorbet & Pistachio Puree £7.50
- A SCOTTISH CLASSIC – CRANACHAN Berries, Caramalised Grains, Whisky & Cream £6.00
- PAVLOVA Whipped Cream, Berries & Spun Toffee £7.50
Alexander House can cater for weddings in a marquee up to 100 guests. There is an additional charge of £1000.00.
The minimum stay for a wedding is 5 nights at 85% of the weekly total.
Marquee Hire, Portaloo Hire, Catering, Flowers etc are not included.