Alexander House: To reserve this property call 01242 285755
Large Holiday House With Amazing Views + Swimming Pool and Hot Tub
- Sleeps 21 in 9 Bedrooms
- 3 Double En-Suites
- 2 Double /Twin En-suites
- 1 Triple Bedroom
- 1 Twin Bedroom
- 1 Twin En-suite
- Childrens Bunk Room Sleeps 4
- 2 x House Bathrooms
- Ground Floor Shower Room
- Covered Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Snooker Table
- 5 Aside Football Pitch
- Sunken Trampoline
- Large Garden and Terrace
- Ample Parking
- Satellite Broadband
- Sky Sports
- 2 Dogs welcome
- We regret we do not accept Stag Parties
A magnificently detailed, sprawling home set against rolling hills and a sky that stretches out for miles is the perfect place for large parties to gather for days and nights of merriment. Three miles from Auchterarder and Gleneagles and just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, Alexander House feels miles from civilization.
- Bright, lovely kitchen with 2 dishwashers, American-sized fridge. Opens onto living room and breakfast area, which means the chef never misses any of the fun.
- Elegant dining room with glassware and round table for 18; perfect for holiday dinners
- Living room and breakfast area with Sky and Sky Sports equipped TV, plus Xbox and Wii.
- Games room with snooker table, dart board, and open fireplace. (Go ahead – those two fingers of Scotch aren’t going anywhere.)
- Courtyard with breathtaking views, dining table, and barbeque area
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Glass-covered swimming pool is perfect for a refreshing dip in the water; slide the cover back for an open-air swim
- Hot tub turret with room for 4 to relax in at once
- Rough Five aside football pitch and nets
- Accoutrements for hours of fun: sunken trampoline, wooden swing set, wendy house with slide and seesaw
- Ample parking
- For little ones, water wings and life jackets provided
First Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with super king bed and spectacular en-suite bathroom with freestanding bath and glass-walled shower.
Bedroom 2: Sleigh bedroom with king bed and en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 4: Twin/double bedroom (can be made up as either) with en-suite bathroom. Please note that zip and link beds will be made up as twins unless otherwise requested.
Bedroom 5: Four Poster Double bedroom.
Bedroom 6: Children’s bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds. Linked to master bedroom. This room shares a Jack and Jill bathroom with the four poster bedroom.
Bedroom 7: Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
All first-floor bedrooms include a 32-inch TV with satellite.
Second Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 8: Twin bedroom
Bedroom 9: Triple room (3 single beds)
The second floor also includes a house bathroom, plus a cozy seating area with sofa and LCD TV.
Amenities + Other Details:
- Washer and dryer
- Large double oven
- Satellite Broadband
- Freeview and Playstation
- 42 inch TV (living room) with Sky & Sky Sports; 32 inch TVs with Freeview in first floor bedrooms
- Ipod Dock
- DVD Player
- Hair dryers
- Available on request: cot, high chair, bottle sterilizer, baby monitor, bath toys, car booster seats
- Stair gates (top and bottom of stairs; removable; 4)
- 2 dogs welcome; dogs must not be allowed upstairs and must sleep in the kitchen at night.
- Alexander House has dining facilities for 21 people; this is the total number of guests allowed in the house at any one time without prior arrangement.
- As an Exclusive Use property, Alexander House offers private use for you and your guests only during your stay. We respectfully ask that you respect the privacy of other guests and do not attempt to gain access at any other times.
- The driveway to the house is long and steep with uneven surfaces, making it unsuitable for sports cars. A 4×4 is required during winter months.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Alexander House. With its sprawling layout, modern amenities, and gorgeous views, you’ll relax as you haven’t for years.
Location & Places of Interest
Places of Interest
- Gleneagles Golf
- Gleneagles Spa
- Auchterarder Golf Club
- Crieff Golf Club
- Crieff Hydro
- Drummond Trout Farm
- Drummond Castle Gardens
- Blair Castle
- The Malt Whiskey Trail
- Perthshire Website
- The Famous Grouse
- Outdoor Adventures
Places to Eat
- Duchally House Hotel
- Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles
- The Barley Bree
- The Royal Hotel
- Delis Cauldron
Check Availability & Book
Lovat Cooking are the approved Caterers for Alexander House, the owners do not allow catering companies that have not been authorised by them in the house.
Celebration Weekends & Bridal Showers
Bespoke Catering options are available, but why not book one of our pre arranged weekends, for a great value weekend away?
Bridal Shower or Celebration Weekend – Simple and Cost Effective, but lots of fun! From £175 per person.
Arrive from 4pm - Unpack, freshen up and get ready for dinner
7pm Bubbly Cocktails in the Drawing Room
7.30pm Buffet Supper in the kitchen
9pm 1 hour Butler Service (Cocktail Making available at additional cost)
9am Continental Breakfast
10am Depart for your bespoke activity day
A DAY OF PAMPERING:
Choose one of the following beauty masterclasses followed by a light lunch at Alexander House (robes and slippers are of course provided!).
Skin therapy: Have your skin type analysed, learn how to do a home facial based on one of the most popular facials at the Temple Spa retreats and day-spas, plus try out all the skin care range.
Red carpet studio: State of the art products that give you that instant RED CARPET look. If you’re into Instant brightening & lifting | needing facial conditioning & plumping | would die for a soft focus wrinkle ‘filler’ | Would say YES YES to Anti-ageing, regenerative, nourishing treatment | and products that help sculpt & define facial contours – then this Red Carpet Studio class is oh so for you!
Master class: Skin Care just got serious and so much fun. Based on our Truffle
Deluxe facial spa treatment this class will prepare, pamper and help prescribe high performing serum and rejuvenating bespoke solutions that will help hold and roll back the years.
White Water Rafting, Canyoning or River Duckies – Picnic Lunch.
Make yourself a flower crown or flower arrangement of your choice, or in the
winter a gorgeous Christmas wreath.
A cookery masterclass, where you eat what you cook, and take home some
invaluable tips for future parties at home.
A dance masterclass – with a choice of 20 different styles of dancing for you to choose
from – perfect to show off your skills at weddings and celebrations of all sorts!
MORNING AT LEISURE:
Perhaps a brisk hill walk? Light Lunch at Alexander House followed by Whisky
Tasting at Tullibardine Distillery.
A COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE…
a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 people per activity is required and additional charges apply if transport to and from activities is required
4.30/5pm Return to Alexander House for Tea and Cake if out and about
From 7pm Pre dinner drinks and canapés in the drawing room
8pm 3 Course Murder Mystery Dinner in the Dining Hall Tea, Coffee and Petits Fours served in the Drawing Room
10am Leisurely Full Scottish Breakfast
From £175 per head, excluding drinks (minimum 16 guests) Drinks can be ordered from our local wine merchant for delivery to Alexander House.
All our menus do not include beverages, but drinks can be ordered from our local wine merchant for delivery direct to Alexander House.
Sample Menus for Catered Activity Weekends
Whole Cucumber Salmon or Hot Honey glazed ham, Whole Roast Chicken, Green salads, Mediterranean couscous, new potatoes, dressings and dips
Pudding selection and cheese and biscuits
Simon Howie Burgers and Sausages or Pastrami Lamb Shoulder with a Warm Rice or Couscous Salad, Potato Salad with Chives, Green Salad
Cheesecake with Fresh Scottish Berries, served with cream or ice cream
Chocolate Brownies with Fresh Scottish Berries, served with cream or ice cream
Mozzarella, basil, tomato salad
Lasagne Served with a Green Salad
Selection of Tapas
Spanish Stew with a Green Salad
Tarta de Manzanas
Pate and brioche
Coq au Vin
Tarte Aux Citron
Smoked Salmon with Brown Bread and Capers
Venison and Beef Stew, with mustard mash and green veg
All the above followed by;
Tea, Coffee and Petits Fours
VEGETARIAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR ALL ABOVE MENUS
Continental Breakfast (Scottish Style!)
Warm Drop Scones with Blueberries, Yoghurt with honey or fruit compote, breakfast cereals, toast, homemade jams, selection of cheeses and hams.
Full Scottish Breakfast
Bacon, Eggs, Lorne Sausage, Fried Bread, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Toast Fresh Fruit platter and Warm Drop Scones with Maple Syrup
All our menus do not include beverages, but drinks can be ordered from our local wine merchant or any supermarket of your choice, for delivery direct to Alexander House. We will happily pop them in the fridge to chill before you arrive.
Your Wedding at Alexander House
Wedding Pricing Alexander House 2016/17
Wedding Pricing for up to 21
Exclusive use of Alexander House – £4,200 inc VAT
- 2 nights weekend accommodation for you and your wedding party.
Wedding Pricing for up to 21
Exclusive use of Alexander House – £2,100 inc VAT
- 2 nights mid week accommodation for you and your wedding party.
Wedding Pricing for a Marquee Wedding for up to 60 – June, July, August and September only.
Exclusive Use of Alexander House – £7,200 inc VAT
- 2 nights weekend accommodation for you and your wedding party (maximum 21)
- Marquee for up to 50 people seated, tables, chairs, 2 x chandeliers, marquee flooring, marquee heater, cream marquee linings.
- Catering Marquee
- Posh Loos for Dos
- Your very own Thistle Weddings wedding planner
or £3,600 + VAT for a 2 night mid week wedding.
Wedding Pricing for a Marquee Wedding for up to 120 – June, July, August and September only.
Exclusive Use of Alexander House – £12,000 inc VAT
- 2 nights accommodation for you and your wedding party (maximum 21).
- Marquee with entrance hall for up to 120 people seated, tables, chairs, 4 x chandeliers, marquee floor, marquee heater, cream marquee linings.
- Catering Marquee
- Posh Loos for Dos
- Your very own Thistle Weddings wedding planner.
£6,000 + VAT for a 2 night mid-week wedding
*The Fine Print: You must have wedding insurance prior to booking Alexander House for your wedding. A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking and a security deposit of £1000 is also required for all wedding bookings. Chinese lanterns and fireworks are not permitted and noise must remain below noise rating 35 between 7am and 11pm and below noise rating 20 at all other times due to the livestock in the surrounding fields and looking after our neighbours and their sleep! Arrival is from 4pm on the day of your arrival, departure by 4pm.
Alexander House Approved Supplier List
Please find below our recommended supplier list. These are people we know, or who have been recommended by others who we trust. If you wish to use other suppliers at Alexander House please do just let us know.
It is your wedding, your way, so we are happy to oblige, just talk to our wedding planner, and providing all the correct paperwork and insurance documentation can be provided to us. We want to make sure that you, your guests, and our property are all safe in their hands!
Richard Gordon Piper
Bumpty Bouncy Castles – 01738 583099
Photo Booth Rental
Morrison Holiday Homes