Alexander House: To reserve this property call 01242 285755
Large Holiday House With Amazing Views + Swimming Pool and Hot Tub
- Sleeps 21 in 9 Bedrooms
- 3 Double En-Suites
- 2 Double /Twin En-suites
- 1 Triple Bedroom
- 1 Twin Bedroom
- 1 Twin En-suite
- Childrens Bunk Room Sleeps 4
- 2 x House Bathrooms
- Ground Floor Shower Room
- Covered Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Snooker Table
- 5 Aside Football Pitch
- Sunken Trampoline
- Large Garden and Terrace
- Ample Parking
- Satellite Broadband
- Sky Sports
- 2 Dogs welcome
- We regret we do not accept Stag Parties
A magnificently detailed, sprawling home set against rolling hills and a sky that stretches out for miles is the perfect place for large parties to gather for days and nights of merriment. Three miles from Auchterarder and Gleneagles and just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, Alexander House feels miles from civilization.
- Bright, lovely kitchen with 2 dishwashers, American-sized fridge. Opens onto living room and breakfast area, which means the chef never misses any of the fun.
- Elegant dining room with glassware and round table for 18; perfect for holiday dinners
- Living room and breakfast area with Sky and Sky Sports equipped TV, plus Xbox and Wii.
- Games room with snooker table, dart board, and open fireplace. (Go ahead – those two fingers of Scotch aren’t going anywhere.)
- Courtyard with breathtaking views, dining table, and barbeque area
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Glass-covered swimming pool is perfect for a refreshing dip in the water; slide the cover back for an open-air swim
- Hot tub turret with room for 4 to relax in at once
- Rough Five aside football pitch and nets
- Accoutrements for hours of fun: sunken trampoline, wooden swing set, wendy house with slide and seesaw
- Ample parking
- For little ones, water wings and life jackets provided
First Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with super king bed and spectacular en-suite bathroom with freestanding bath and glass-walled shower.
Bedroom 2: Sleigh bedroom with king bed and en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 4: Twin/double bedroom (can be made up as either) with en-suite bathroom. Please note that zip and link beds will be made up as twins unless otherwise requested.
Bedroom 5: Four Poster Double bedroom.
Bedroom 6: Children’s bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds. Linked to master bedroom. This room shares a Jack and Jill bathroom with the four poster bedroom.
Bedroom 7: Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
All first-floor bedrooms include a 32-inch TV with satellite.
Second Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 8: Twin bedroom
Bedroom 9: Triple room (3 single beds)
The second floor also includes a house bathroom, plus a cozy seating area with sofa and LCD TV.
Amenities + Other Details:
- Washer and dryer
- Large double oven
- Satellite Broadband
- Freeview and Playstation
- 42 inch TV (living room) with Sky & Sky Sports; 32 inch TVs with Freeview in first floor bedrooms
- Ipod Dock
- DVD Player
- Hair dryers
- Available on request: cot, high chair, bottle sterilizer, baby monitor, bath toys, car booster seats
- Stair gates (top and bottom of stairs; removable; 4)
- 2 dogs welcome; dogs must not be allowed upstairs and must sleep in the kitchen at night.
- Alexander House has dining facilities for 21 people; this is the total number of guests allowed in the house at any one time without prior arrangement.
- As an Exclusive Use property, Alexander House offers private use for you and your guests only during your stay. We respectfully ask that you respect the privacy of other guests and do not attempt to gain access at any other times.
- The driveway to the house is long and steep with uneven surfaces, making it unsuitable for sports cars. A 4×4 is required during winter months.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Alexander House. With its sprawling layout, modern amenities, and gorgeous views, you’ll relax as you haven’t for years.
Location & Places of Interest
Places of Interest
- Gleneagles Golf
- Gleneagles Spa
- Auchterarder Golf Club
- Crieff Golf Club
- Crieff Hydro
- Drummond Trout Farm
- Drummond Castle Gardens
- Blair Castle
- The Malt Whiskey Trail
- Perthshire Website
- The Famous Grouse
- Outdoor Adventures
Places to Eat
- Duchally House Hotel
- Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles
- The Barley Bree
- The Royal Hotel
- Delis Cauldron
Check Availability & Book
Private Chefs/Caterer’s details for Alexander House, for up to 30 guests.
All our caterers are local, and use amazing, locally sourced Scottish produce.
Tel: 01786 440022
All things foo
For all your Family and Sporting occaisons, from 1 night to one year
Tel: 01738 245309
No other caterers are to cater at Alexander House, without the express prior written
agreement of the Owner. Unfortunately, not all caterers are as careful with our Property and
our Guests as they are!
Your Wedding at Alexander House
For 21 Guests
Availability: All Year Round
Two nights’ accommodation for up to 21 guests in the main house.
Wedding Venue Facility Fee for full use of Alexander House
and 2 acres of grounds, on the day of your wedding.
Price – £3,500
For 25 Guests
Availability: All Year Round
Two nights’ accommodation for up to 21 guests in 9 bedrooms
in the main house, and for a further 4 guests in our two ensuite
yurts, Bramble and Heather – perfect for your wedding night!
Wedding Venue Facility Fee and exclusive use
of Alexander House and 4 acres of grounds.
Price – £4,250
For up to 120 Guests
Availability: May, June, July and August (You wouldn’t want your wedding venue blown away…)
Two night’s accommodation for up to 21 guests in 9 bedrooms in the main house,
and for a further 4 guests in our two ensuite yurts ,Bramble and Heather –
perfect for your wedding night!
£3,750 (from £75 per person per night)
Wedding Facility fee for up to 120 guests from midday to midnight
on the day of the wedding and exclusive use of Alexander House
and 4 acres of grounds for the duration of your stay. £1,250
Total Price £5,000*
*Excludes marquee, catering, florists etc
MIDWEEK WEDDINGS – GROUNDS ONLY
Availability: May, June, July, August
Wedding Facility Fee for use of Alexander House and grounds
between midday and midnight on the day of the wedding;
Price – £1,000
Bell Tent Hire for up to 4 per tent (includes beds, bedding, solar lanterns) – £175 per tent per night
Lawn Games Hire – Quoits, Rounders, Croquet, Boules) – £100
Use of DIY Fire Pit with 2 barrow loads of logs, kindling and firelighters – £75
Extra Logs – £15 per barrowload
Additional Staff/Babysitting service – from £12.50 per hour on request
Hay Bales – £6 per bale
Portable Toilets must be hired for all events over 25 guests, and bell tent occupants
are expected to use these portable toilet facilities. Portable showers must also
be hired when hiring our bell tents.
Yurts and Tipis
Red Kite Yurts – http://redkiteyurts.com
Highland Tipis – http://www.highlandtipis.co.uk
Gourlay Co – http://www.gourlay.co.uk
Henderson Marquees – http://www.hendersonmarqueehire.co.uk
*The Fine Print: You must have wedding insurance prior to booking Alexander House for your wedding. A 50% deposit is required to secure your booking and a security deposit of £1000 is also required for all wedding bookings. Chinese lanterns and fireworks are not permitted and noise must remain below noise rating 35 between 7am and 11pm and below noise rating 20 at all other times due to the livestock in the surrounding fields and looking after our neighbours and their sleep! Arrival is from 4pm on the day of your arrival, departure by 4pm.
Alexander House Approved Supplier List
Please find below our recommended supplier list. These are people we know, or who have been recommended by others who we trust. If you wish to use other suppliers at Alexander House please do just let us know.
It is your wedding, your way, so we are happy to oblige, just talk to our wedding planner, and providing all the correct paperwork and insurance documentation can be provided to us. We want to make sure that you, your guests, and our property are all safe in their hands!
See catering tab
Richard Gordon Piper
Bumpty Bouncy Castles – 01738 583099
Photo Booth Rental
Morrison Holiday Homes