Group Accommodation Oban Scotland
Blaven: To reserve this property call 01242 285755
Blaven – Oban
Spacious, House With Incredible Views of Oban Harbour
- Sleeps 11 – 13 in 6 Bedrooms
- 2 King Size or Twin Rooms
- 1 Double / Twin Room
- 1 Standard Double
- 1 Double / Twin Ground Floor Room
- 1 Ground Floor Shower Room
- 1 Single Room
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Shower Room
- Small Pool Table
- Free Internet Access
- Ample Parking
- Amazing Views
- 1 Medium or 2 Small Dogs Welcome
We regret we are unable to accept Stag Parties
Breathtaking views are the crown jewel at Blaven, perched high at the edge of the town of Oban and overlooking the blue waters of the harbour, a backdrop of mountains making the setting seem otherwordly. Walk into town, or take a nearby ferry service to one the Scottish Islands. Outdoors, a pretty patio with wide, airy views and a play area for little ones awaits lazy afternoons and cocktail hours. Looking for a little seaside adventure? Take a sea plane from Glasgow to Oban Bay and take in impressive views of the house as you fly in.
Living Spaces on The Ground Floor:
- Spacious Entrance Hall. Opens into the sitting rooms.
- Main Sitting Room. Enjoy sea views and a cosy open fire as you watch the large flat-screen TV with Freeview and Blu-Ray.
- Second Sitting Room. Sea views, TV and DVD player.
- Kitchen and Dining Room. Kitchen is bright and modern, with gleaming white cabinetry and ample windows. Includes TV and CD player and iPod dock for listening to tunes as you sear, saute, and stir-fry to your heart’s content.
- Drying Room. With washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Shower Room.
- Utility Room and Two Cloakrooms. Please note that dogs must sleep in the Drying Room or Utility Room and are not permitted upstairs.
Ground Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 1: This is a zip and link bedroom.
First Floor Bedrooms:
Bedroom 2: With a king-size bed that can be made into two twins if needed, plus sofa bed. Adjacent to a roomy bathroom with lux bath, walk-in shower and heated floors. Door can be shut to create an en-suite.
Bedroom 3: Double bed can be made into twins if needed.
Bedroom 4: Two twins can be made into double bed if needed.
Bedroom 5: This is a single room with a sofa bed for one.
The first floor also houses a bathroom with bath and separate shower and a games room with small pool table.
Bedroom 6: 4’6” bed with adjacent shower room.
We’re happy to offer a reduced rates for groups of up to 8 guests (not available in Summer, or any school holidays). The twin, small double and shower room will be locked and unavailable. Please get in touch for more information.
An enclosed, sloped garden makes a striking setting for outdoor gatherings. Gather ’round the picnic area; table and chairs provided. Ample parking for 5 cars.
- Central heating (gas)
- WiFi (ground floor)
- Electric double oven with halogen hob
- Coffee machine
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, and electric dryers
- Baby and Toddler Kit available upon request. Includes: bottle sterilizer, dishwasher basket, bottle warmer, toddler cutlery, booster seats (2), changing mat, bath float, towels, potty, child-size toilet seat, step stools (2), stair gates (2), travel cots and bedding (2), bed guard, monitor, assorted wellies, toddler toys (6), books and DVDs.
- Please note that smoking is not allowed in the house.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Blaven, where you’ll find yourself and your guests invigorated by truly spectacular views, fresh sea air, and enough room for the whole family to play.
A Baby & Toddler Kit is available if required which includes:
- Bottle steriliser
- Dishwasher basket
- Bottle warmer
- Toddler crockery and cutlery
- Booster seats (2) for dining table
- Changing mat
- Baby bath float
- Child sized towels (4)
- Child toilet seat
- Step stools (2)
- Stair gates (2)
- Travel cots and bedding (2)
- High chairs (2)
- Bed guard (1)
- Baby monitor
- Assorted wellies and waterproofs
- Toys suitable for toddler – 6
- Books & DVDs
Check Availability & Book
Example 3 Course Menu
Seared Scottish Scallops Charred Sweetcorn, Sweetcorn Puree & Cured Ham
Slow Roast Rare Breed Pork Belly Confit potatoes & Braised Greens
Roasted Peach Pain Per Du Sweetened Ricotta
3 Courses £35
Example 8 Course Taster Menu
Whipped Goats Cheese Apple, Choux
Cured Salmon Cucumber, Buttermilk
Pressed Pork Peas, White Truffle
Salt Aged Beef Tartare Pickled Vegetables, Egg Yolk Jam
Scottish Scallops Chorizo, Puy Lentils
Spiced Duck Butternut Squash, Pineapple, Scratchings
Peach Tarragon, Ricotta, Brioche
80% Chocolate Blackberries, Stout
8 Courses £90
We strongly recommend you make your reservation with Mark as soon as you have confirmed your reservation with us, he is very popular and gets booked up many months in advance.