The Drury Oban Large Holiday House Sleeping 22
The Drury : To reserve this property call 01242 285755
Spacious period home on Scotland’s West Coast
Sleeps 16 – 22 in 11 Bedrooms
- 4 Double En-suite Bedrooms
- 3 Double Bedroom
- Ground Floor Double Bedroom
- 3 Twin / Double Bedrooms
- 3 House Bathrooms
- 2 Sitting Rooms
- Outdoor seating areas & Fire Pit
- Stunning Sea Views
- Games Room
- Hot Tub
- Free Wifi
- Sky Sports
- Pets WelcomeWe regret we do not accept Stag Parties
Period home with contemporary touches overlooking the seaside town of Oban. With accommodation for 22 and space for entertaining, The Drury makes a sophisticated base for your next group holiday.
From its hilltop position, the Drury offers spectacular views across the village towards the Isle of Mull. After days spent exploring Scotland’s coastline and islands, return to your chic home away from home, where you’ll find plenty of cosy spaces to stretch out in, a gourmet kitchen and outdoor entertaining areas, where tales of the day’s adventure flow easily around the fire pit.
The Drury is ideal for celebratory holidays with family and friends, or for the intimate wedding that requires a truly special setting by the sea.
Step into the natural light that bathes the entrance hall, welcoming you into a classic home made vibrant and modern with white walls, oak flooring and stylish decor. Savour the home’s preserved detailing, like the airy cupola, original shutters and cornicing throughout.
Comfort awaits in the sitting room, with its couches, flat screen TV and working fireplace. Additional seating and Sky Sport package make the second sitting room a place where the gang will want to gather.
Live out your culinary dreams in the spacious kitchen and butler’s pantry, where you’ll find all you need for gourmet entertaining, including double oven, double sink, dishwasher and wine fridge. In the dining room, two large tables seat up to 24.
The laundry room adds convenience with washer/dryer, large fridge/freezer, extra kitchen appliances and second dishwasher.
Ground Floor Bedrooms:
The convenient double bedroom on ground level is a haven of light, with linens by the White Company and designer furniture.
First Floor Bedrooms:
There are 4 en-suite rooms on the first floor. Each bath includes a roomy walk-in shower, wash hand basin, W.C . and heated floors. On the mezzanine landing, you will find an additional house bathroom with a bath, an overhead shower, and a cloakroom opposite.
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with six-foot king bed, marble fireplace, dressing room, and en-suite shower room with roomy walk-in shower.
Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with a double bed and en-suite shower room with a walk-in shower.
Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with a double bed and a walk-in wardrobe with lots of space for luggage. This bedroom’s en-suite bath is the only one on the first floor with both large walk-in shower and a freestanding bath.
Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with five-foot double bed and en-suite shower room with walk-in shower.
There are 3 further bedrooms on the first floor (no en-suites):
Bedroom 5: Six-foot double bed.
Bedroom 6: Six-foot double bed.
Bedroom 7: Six-foot double bed.
Second Floor Bedrooms:
Three further double or twin bedrooms boast bright linens, wood floors and tufted headboards. Two wet rooms with tiled walk-in showers come stocked with deluxe products by Ila Spa.
Bedroom 8: Two zip-and-link twin beds can be joined form one double bed as needed.
Bedroom 9: Two zip-and-link twin beds can joined to form one double bed as needed.
Bedroom 10: Twin beds.
Unwind before those endless views from two outdoor seating areas with sofa, table, chairs and inviting outdoor hot tub. At day’s end, light up the fire pit (which can be used as a BBQ) and gather round for drinks under the stars. The shed-turned-games room has sofas, loft ceiling and pool/gaming table for added entertainment.
The Drury provides all you’ll need for a group holiday with style.
Bed linen is from The White Company, towels from King of Cotton and luxury toiletries from Ila Spa.
3 Pets welcome.
This is a no smoking property
Oil fired central heating
Working fireplace in formal sitting room
Under floor heating in 1st floor bathrooms
3 large T.V’s
2 DVD players
2 IPod docks
1 large induction hob
1 large fridge / freezer
1 washer / dryer
1 wine fridge
2 Travel Cots and High Chairs
Check Availability & Book
Example 3 Course Menu
Seared Scottish Scallops Charred Sweetcorn, Sweetcorn Puree & Cured Ham
Slow Roast Rare Breed Pork Belly Confit potatoes & Braised Greens
Roasted Peach Pain Per Du Sweetened Ricotta
3 Courses £45
Example 8 Course Taster Menu
Whipped Goats Cheese Apple, Choux
Cured Salmon Cucumber, Buttermilk
Pressed Pork Peas, White Truffle
Salt Aged Beef Tartare Pickled Vegetables, Egg Yolk Jam
Scottish Scallops Chorizo, Puy Lentils
Spiced Duck Butternut Squash, Pineapple, Scratchings
Peach Tarragon, Ricotta, Brioche
80% Chocolate Blackberries, Stout
Multi Course Tasting Menus from £80
We strongly recommend you make your reservation with Mark as soon as you have confirmed your reservation with us, he is very popular and gets booked up many months in advance.
Mark also offers:-
Home style meals. (Both plated and sharing style)
Michelin style multi course tasting menus. (5 to 15 course)
Pre Packed Picnic
Posh picnics cooked and served on location
BBQs & open flame cooking
Hands on cookery classes
Demonstration & dine dinners
Hen party afternoon teas
Secret chef dinner parties (prep, set up then leave allowing client to claim my cooking as their own)
Elaborate hot and cold buffets
Street food style catering
Your Wedding at The Drury
- Catered weddings for up to 35 guests.
- Accommodation for 22 Guests
- Additional Accommodation for 13 Guests at Blaven
- Minimum stay of 2 nights see Availability Tab for Rates
The catering options available are:-
- A Full Wedding Breakfast for up to 25 guests seated in the dining room
- A buffet option for up to 35 guests.
- Canapes and Champagne before or during wedding ceremony
- Alternatively have your ceremony onboard a Yacht. This provides a wonderful service to the bride and groom, 6 witnesses and the registrar and includes Champagne, Oysters and Canapés. Sail or Motor under engine to Port Appin, Horseshoe Bay or Oitir Mhor Bay and The Creag Islands, all nearby Oban
How Much Does it Cost?
- The minimum stay is 2 nights. Please click the availability tab for available dates and rates. Please note: the reduced rate for 16 guests or under is not available to wedding parties.
- There is an additional wedding / event fee of £500.00. This includes use of extra chairs which can be set up in the large entrance hall if having the reception at the house. The event fee covers extra cleaning and staff costs not normally required for a weekend break.
- Catering – please see the choice of menu options and prices below.
- If you would like to accommodate extra guests at another house party house, Blaven please click here to see the availability and rates (you will need to make two separate bookings).
Please note: Flowers, Car hire, Photography, Registrar and Beverages are not included. We have put a list of local suppliers for you to arrange these services directly at the bottom of the page.
Local Suppliers:- (click on the link to open each suppliers website)