Elie and Earlsferry Accommodation
Elie Group Accommodation
Group Accommodation in Elie and Earlsferry
Elie and Earlsferry is a coastal town, comprised of twin villages which were formally merged back in 1930. Located on the north coast of the Firth of Forth, the town is situated within the East Neuk and is eight miles to the east of Leven.
Elie has several interesting buildings, including an unusual parish church, which has a tall hexagonal tower with a belvedere detail at the top. Of interest, on the outer corner of the churchyard wall is the village war memorial, which lists the name of each townsperson killed and featuring their trade before the war, including several “ploughmen” and many “chauffeurs.” Of the latter, many were possibly in service at the many large country estates in the surrounding area, some of which are available as large holiday homes today.
Elie Castle is a worthwhile sight, close to the seafront, and which has some elements from the early 17th century, but could possibly date back as far as the 15th century. In the High Street, several 17th century houses can be seen.
The town has become a popular destination with wealthy Glasgow and Edinburgh residents in recent years. For those interested in a round of golf, there is a magnificent 18-hole course at Earlsferry Links, and St Andrews is located about ten miles away from the town. Other attractions include the beach, surfing, sailing and several excellent restaurants.
House Parties has a selection of large holiday homes in the town and surrounding areas, perfect for group accommodation and with all the best features. Browse the above options and should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.